Become an Ambassador today!
Are you a passionate communicator with a desire to make a tangible difference? Would you be willing to use your spare time, your social circles and networks to raise awareness and to help fundraise for Creating Better Futures?
Through this programme, you’ll have the opportunity to not only make a difference to the children you help us to support but also to your own life.
Why do we need your help?
We are a small charity with a big desire to make a difference! Our Ambassadors play a vital role in helping Creating Better Futures to raise awareness and funds to support our work.
Who would you be helping?
Meet Clifford, one of our sponsored children:
Did you know £1 can feed a child every school day for a week? Did you know we feed over 5000 children every school day? Did you know we send 200 children to school?
You could be a part of our mission to provide quality education and care to the children of Zimbabwe.
What does being an ambassador involve?
This is a varied role and you could do as many of these as you have the time, skills and desire to help us with:
- Sharing and promoting our events and messages on social media.
- Helping organise fundraising events for us, this could be anything from a quiz night to a bake sale to a swimathon (we will provide you with an A to Z of ideas).
- Speaking with people in your network on a one-to-one basis about our work and ways they could get involved. This could include introducing us to corporations, recommending us for local grants, awards or charity of the year.
- Giving talks to groups and organisations, whether large or small, in your local area, such as schools, faith groups, networking groups, Rotary Clubs, Round Tables, Women’s Institute groups.
- Representing us at events and taking part in campaigns.
- Providing us with pro-bono expertise and support.
What will I need to be an ambassador?
- Able to talk passionately about education and our work
- A positive, can do attitude and able to use your own initiative.
- Able to organise and coordinate
- A reliable and professional demeanour
- A personal and friendly manner
- Flexibility to be called upon when needed
- Honest and trustworthy nature
What am I committing to?
All of our Ambassadors commit to raising a minimum of £2,500 for Creating Better Futures over the course of a year.This is a flexible role, it is up to you how and when you do so, although we do require a commitment of 4 hours a month for a minimum of a year.
There is no time limit on being an Ambassador, but we will review each Ambassador’s involvement annually to ensure you are getting what you need and that expectations are being met.
Overall you are committed to the children and their education!
What support will I receive?
We run periodic Ambassadors Networking events (online and face-to-face) to help you find out more about Creating Better Futures, meet our team and other Ambassadors and share fundraising ideas.
You will receive ongoing support from our team, a quarterly Ambassadors newsletter and a range of resources (including presentations, video materials and summary documents) to help you with your role.
What are the benefits to me?
- Experience working with a professional organisation
- A sense of satisfaction and pride for helping to make a valuable difference
- Develop your skills
- References for future employers
- Meet new people