How can you help us build a sustainable post-Covid future?
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a catastrophic effect on our small but mighty charity. The cancellation of fundraising events meant that we suffered the loss of vital funds that enable thousands of orphans and vulnerable children to go to school in rural Zimbabwe.
At a time when these poor children needed us the most, our charity had to cancel school attendance, feeding programs, producing sanitary pads for girls and farming projects that are a life-line for these disadvantaged children. We have had to flexibly furlough our small team of staff and rely on volunteers all of whom have been working above and beyond to support the 5,135 children in our care.
…so here’s where it gets exciting! We have not one but TWO incredible opportunities for you to get involved in!
Captain Tom 100
We’ve been inspired by the example of the late Captain Sir Thomas Moore. At the golden age of 100, he stepped up to help, taking on his famous walk to support the NHS Covid-19 appeal. We will be celebrating the extraordinary spirit of Captain Tom by taking part in the #CaptainTom100…and you can join us!
All you have to do is…
- Dream up your Captain Tom 100 challenge (if you haven’t already!) – there are lots of ideas at CaptainTom100.com
- Head to this link to donate whatever you can to Creating Better Futures or to set up a fundraising page
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own Captain Tom 100
- Complete your challenge
- Share a photo or video of your 100 on social media with #CaptainTom100 and tag @creatingbetterfutures
We’ve also teamed up with the creators of the 5k lockdown challenge, Run For Heroes, to bring you #5kMay!
How do I take part?
- Participate in a 5k (run, roll, walk, cycle, hop, socially distanced of course!), anytime between 1st – 31st May.
- Donate £5 to CBF here.
- Nominate 5 of your friends to take part too, remembering to tag us @creatingbetterfutures so we can share!
Once you’ve donated £5 you’ll unlock a goodie bag packed full of rewards and treats from some fantastic brands!
We simply wouldn’t have been able to get through the past year without you, our supporters, so a heartfelt thank you for your continued generosity. Please continue to support us so we can build a sustainable post-Covid future as well as inspiring future MP’s, doctors, teachers and more. You keep our small charity’s big mission alive and change the lives of thousands of children in Zimbabwe, that’s something quite special.