- Dare to make a difference
You know you want to raise money to support CBF, but not sure where to start? Whether you are a first timer or a regular fundraiser we all need a little inspiration sometimes, so we’ve collected a few ideas to share with you. We believe that whatever your talent may be, you’ll be able to use it to create a lasting impact. We want you to know that if you step forward and reach out, you (yes, you!) can make a difference in the lives of many. With 92% of our funds going directly to Zimbabwe, you can know that your donation (whether big or small) will go directly to uplifting, supporting and empowering the vulnerable.
Getting sponsored is actually really simple: just choose a challenge, activity or event, set up a JustGiving page and share it with your family, friends and colleagues. All across the country, we have received exceptional support from CBF supporters who are fundraising in both ordinary and extraordinary ways from bake sales to intense obstacle course challenges to raise money to support our work.
“No work is ever insignificant. ALL labour that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” – MLK
We’ve made it easy for you to fundraise for us – here’s an A-Z list of fun ideas to help you get started:
• Arts and crafts fair – Run an arts and crafts stall at your next local summer fete or event.
• Auction – Organise your own charity auction. You could ask local businesses to donate items to auction off to raise funds.
• Bake sale – Hold a bake sale at your school, university, workplace or church and change the world one cupcake at a time.
• Book/clothes sale – We’re all a little guilty of hoarding a few too many unwanted books and clothes that we’ve been meaning to sort through. Why not hold a sale in aid of CBF to raise funds? We also love receiving second-hand children’s clothes and books that we can send to Zimbabwe.
• Busking – Calling all musicians! Have you considered busking or even holding an open-mic night in your local town/city to fundraise for CBF?
• Car boot sale – Have a clear out of your unwanted items and sell them at a car boot sale. It’s a fun, friendly and simple way to raise money.
• Car wash – Offer to wash your families, friends or neighbour’s cars in exchange for a donation.
• Charity film night – Create your own cinema and hold a film night for family and friends. Sell popcorn and drinks and charge an entry fee. Theme the night on your favourite type of film!
• Coffee morning – Host your friends and family for a tea party or coffee morning at your house or a local venue.
• Come Dine with Me – Hold a Come Dine with Me style dinner party at your house.
• Dog walking – Offer to walk your neighbour’s dogs in exchange for donations.
• Face painting – Put your artistic talents to good use and paint faces. You could have a themed face painting day such as of animals or characters from a book.
• Fancy dress day – Hold a fancy dress day at your workplace, school or university. Give prizes for the most outrageous and colourful costumes!
• Fashion show – Put your creative talents to the test and organise a fashion show. Invite your community to see your designs, and don’t forget to charge an entry fee.
• Half Marathon – Run for CBF in the Reading Half Marathon.
• International evening – Serve different national dishes, dress up and entertain your guests with world music. Why not also hold a quiz to test your friends’ geographical knowledge?
• Pamper day – Plan a relaxing day or evening that offers your friends a well-deserved break. Nail painting, face masks, massages and haircuts are just a few ingredients for a perfect night in!
• Pay-roll giving – (Also known as Give As You Earn or workplace giving) is a flexible scheme which allows anyone who pays UK income tax to give regularly and on a tax free basis to the charity.
• Sponsored silence – Silence is a source of great strength, right? So why not see how long you can stay silent for in aid of Creating Better Futures. Your silence could uplift the lives of many.
• Talent show – Hold a talent contest to showcase the talents of your friends and family! Organise a collection or charge at the door for entry.
• Tuck shop – Open up a tuck shop and sell some sweet treats for CBF at your next church, work or school event.
• Quiz night – Host a fun quiz night to test your friends’ knowledge. The pub, village hall, local sports centre or your best friends garden are all great venues for hosting a quiz.
P.S – Be sure to let us know about your fundraising activities as we would love to provide you with any extra tips, guidance and promotion. We love to hear about the wonderful ways our CBF supporters are fundraising for us and we are ever-grateful for all your hard work in changing the world. Don’t forget, of course, to take photos and share them with us!